martes, 4 de noviembre de 2008

Posting every day: Ur Doin Eet Wrong!

This is what I wrote Monday night: So I missed yesterday. The babe and I got up at 6:30 AM courtesy of daylight savings time so it was an extra long day for me. I had e v e r y intention of posting at night but was simply too pooped to peep. I started this post last night at work but couldn't finish it on time [added this on Tuesday.]

Obviously my desire to post every day has clashed with my daily life. I have a full time job and a toddler. My husband works nights so when I get home there is no decompressing time, it's GO time right away. And my daughter has been a little turd as of late, which is no surprise since she'll be two on the 14th, some people have told me that three is even worse but right now I am just trying to survive this. No, really, I said survive. A simple, every day task like eating turns into a huge battle, she doesn't want to eat anything, she doesn't want our help so we can't feed her ourselves, she gets tired of the high chair and dumps all the food on the tray and puts the plate on her head. At this point I am just concerned that she needs to eat but also that I am sucking at this mom thing. I can't help but think of my mom having two daughters by the time she was 19!

I want to say so much about the election results but it's all jumbled up in my head right now, so many emotions, happiness most of all, hope for the future, and immense sadness that Californians have decided to make hate and discrimination legal. I am sure that I am not alone when I say that we will keep fighting for the right of every couple out there who wants to be married.

So, because I am exhausted, still at work and have nothing better, I leave you with this:


Hey, I'm busy, but I still have time to laugh!

1 comentario:

pink fluff and stuff dijo...

You're not sucking at the mom thing!
She's in a natural development stage, and you have a ton of responsibility.
I think it's natural to be frazzled, exhausted and overwhelmed... hang in there!

Maddie's family needs your help