viernes, 2 de mayo de 2008

Gripe, gripe, gripe

So gas prices have steadily gone up for the past month or so. I think this progression is better appreciated through pictures:



This was at the beginning of March. Granted, this is one of the most expensive gas stations around because it sits right at the bottom of an off-ramp so it gets most of its business from desperate people who are running out of gas and have no choice but to go there. And from really rich people who don't even look at the sign, right? It's across the street from Hotel Utah at Fourth and Bryant.


Just a few days later, they were at $4.11. I unfortunately missed my chance to take a picture of the $4.19 gas, which was considered so high that this very gas station was featured in the local news.


That was probably a couple of weeks ago, sometime in mid-April. These days it's all the way up to $4.29. And most other stations I've seen are at $3.99.






So, "why don't you take public transit?", you say. "Or ride your bike?" "Or walk to work? San Francisco is not that big a city."

To which I say: bite me. Muni takes so long and is so unreliable that it takes the same amount of time to go from where I live to where I work as it takes to cross the freaking Bay Bridge. That is just not right people! I have tried to ride my bike and I am just too scared of drivers here, you wouldn't believe how aggressive they are and how running red lights is pretty much the norm for everyone. In a perfect world I would walk. I am quite overweight and dearly need the exercise. Unfortunately it doesn't work with our current domestic circumstances. Trust me. This situation is so frustrating I wish I were a drinker. I'm sure a nice round of tequila shots would help me see the humor in all of this (but only if it is Herradura.)

Alas, I'll just have to make do with the lorazepam...

Insult to injury: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/05/02/financial/f054757D63.DTL&tsp=1

1 comentario:

thethinker dijo...

4.19?! That's ridiculous.

Maddie's family needs your help