jueves, 5 de junio de 2008

¡Bienvenida al mundo, Ramona!

I don't care how late it is, I cannot go to bed without sharing my happiness and excitement with the world:



ETA: I changed the picture for this one, you can see her face better here.

This is my brand new, and only, niece Ramona Oltra Valle born June 4, 2008 at 2 AM in Vancouver, B.C., Canada. My sister is a mom! My daughter has a cousin. This was a baby we were trully looking forward to meeting and a real gift to my sister and her partner, who was absolutely wonderful and helped her get through some pretty tough labor pains even as he was exhausted himself. They are all home now. She is healthy and so far has taken to breastfeeding quite easily according to my sister. Ramona was 49 centimeters long, weighed 3,195 kilograms, and has a headful of hair as do all babies in our family. My sister is an amazing woman, she has the energy of ten lumberjacks and had planned to attend an Iron Maiden concert on the day she gave birth!


I never ever imagined the day when we would both be moms. Felicidades, hermanita, eres una mama maravillosa desde ya. Te amamos. Y a Ramona tambien.

1 comentario:

Manuela Valle-Castro dijo...

AND WE LOVE YOU TOO HERMANITA!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Manola and Ramona

Maddie's family needs your help