viernes, 20 de junio de 2008

Messy Food = Yum!

Little Lu is a very messy eater. She has not mastered the correct use of a spoon or fork and definitely prefers to use her hands. When we're having spaghetti, scrambled eggs, chicken, peas, edamame, etc it's not such a problem, but then she gets furious because we won't let her eat her yogurt by herself. And she has a temper! She shakes her head no, she pushes our hands away, and she makes angry faces. It's really funny! So I finally decided that there is absolutely no harm in letting her do it. If not when you are a child, when?






She is so very happy I see no reason to ruin her fun. I am doing my best to become more laid back when it comes to her, and it is already working, but I still need to relax a lot more. I want her to have memories like my own, playing in the dirt, picking up bugs, playing with flowers and covering myself in mud. And this is a great step in that direction! After this she decided she was going to splatter yogurt all over the place. [That video I'll post tonight.] And then I gave her a bath, which she now loves. It's such a joy to see her splashing the water and looking up at me as if to say "isn't this fun, mommy?!" Yes it is baby girl, yes it is.

No hay comentarios.:

Maddie's family needs your help