lunes, 2 de febrero de 2009

Is it February already?

This always happens to me! I write long posts in my head, then I forget them and all my clever ideas and brilliant commentary on life in the 21st century is lost forever... so sad. Maybe if I didn't try to be perfect I'd write more posts and feel happy with them. I have been trying to do this with everything else in life, just trying to find solutions without all the requisite stressing, or rather stewing, I usually do. Parking tickets? No problem! Just work them off by sweeping the filthy San Francisco streets! Can't pay the bills? No problem, just let AT&T cancel your DSL! Can't pay the rent? No problem, just make a hardship withdrawal from your retirement account, you'll deal with it when you are 70 years old and have to live under a bridge, right? See, I said I was trying to deal with things without stress, not without biterness. Heh.

The thing is, I am not defeated by any of this. Bankruptcy is in the very near future (as soon as I finish reading the Nolo Press Chapter 7 book) and I'm OK with that. We're short on rent this month and I still have not come up with a solution, but I'm sure I will. Somehow. I don't know how this happened, this kind of peaceful stressing out that allows me to do as much as I can and let go of those things I can't fix, but I accept it because it is helping me to take care of things, one at a time. I wish my husband could deal with problems a little better than he does. But of course that is one of those things that is out of my hands, I can't change him.



I hope if you are drowning in debt and feeling like the water is up to your neck you will find your inner "peaceful stress" place inside. Almost everything can be solved, only death can't. Remember that.




SMILE!

1 comentario:

Cant Hardly Wait dijo...

I don't know how you do it. Stress eats at me and causes me to gray. And i'm only 20. =(

Maddie's family needs your help